Current Product Line
- Network Attached storage based on Dell 2U rack servers.
- Direct Attached Storage
- iSCSI and FCoE SAN solution such as PowerVault MD, EqualLogic, Compellent
- EMC XtremIO – the XtremIO all-flash array—ideal for virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), virtual server, and database
- EMC VMAX enterprise class storage- Mission critical storage for hyper consolidation and delivering IT as a service.
- EMC VNX/VNXe – hybrid flash storage platform, optimized for virtual applications.
Software Defined Storage
- Software defined storage such as Dell XC Series powered by Nutanix
- EMC Isilon – EMC High-performance, clustered network-attached storage (NAS) that scales to your performance and capacity requirements.
- EMC ScaleIO – Hyper-converged solution that uses your existing servers, and turns them into a software defined SAN with massive scalability, 10X better performance and 60% lower cost than traditional storage.
- EMC Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) – Cloud-scale, geo-federated namespace, multi-tenant security and in-place analytics ECS is the universal platform
- EMC ViPR Controller – deliver automation and management insights from your multivendor storage.
- EMC Service Assurance Suite – Service Assurance Suite delivers service-aware software defined network management that optimizes your physical and virtual networks, increases operational efficiency by ensuring SLA’s, and reduces cost by maximizing resources.
- EMC ViPR SRM – optimize your multivendor block, file & object storage tiers to application service levels you’ll maximize resources, reduce costs and improve your return on investment.
Other Partnership and Products of EMC
EMC Vblock Systems – VCE is a technology partnership which EMC plays major role to deliver converged cloud solutions for midrange to enterprise client. Converged Infrastructure technology that provides virtualization, server, network, storage and backup, VCE Converged Solutions simplify all aspects of IT.
EMC Hybrid Cloud- Federation Enterprise Hybrid Cloud for delivering IT-as-a-Service. With thousands of engineering hours, the Federation brings together best-in-class components from EMC, VCE, and VMware to create a fully integrated, enterprise-ready solution.
In current market place, VNX directly compete with Dell Compellent. VNX has more customer base than Compellent. But Compellent has frustrated its customer with poor performance and poor customer support. Dell may decide to kill Compellent and promote VNX as sole mid-range storage. Also, Dell loyal customer that EqualLogic will disappear from Dell product line at 2018.