Which server is the right fit for your business? HP BL460c Gen9 vs. Gen 10
For accelerating data center performance and managing hybrid workloads HP Gen X line of servers are best in industry. To boost performance, maintain scalable options and handle virtualization capabilities with increased efficiency, the HP BL460C Gen9 and Gen 10 servers both are good choice.
These two high-end servers, there are several important factors to consider. Let’s look comparison chart:
|Model||BL460c Gen 9||BL460c Gen 10|
|Processors||Up to two Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 or v4 product family||Up to two Xeon® Scalable processors – 3100, 4100, 5100, 6100, and 8100 series. Up to 150W|
|Memory||Maximum (LRDIMM). 2TB (16 x 128GB) up to 2400MT/s at 1.2V||Maximum (LRDIMM) 2TB. 16 x 128GB up to 2666MT/s at 1.2V|
|I/O Slots||I/O mezzanine cards: 2 x PCIe 3.0 (x8) mezzanine cards||I/O mezzanine cards: 2 x PCIe 3.0 (x16) mezzanine cards|
|RAID Controllers||Internal controllers: PERC S130 (SW RAID), PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC H730P||One (1) HPE Smart Array P204i-b 12G SAS modular Controller with 1GB Flash-Backed Write Cache (FBWC), or HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10 SW RAID|
|Max Internal Storage||Hot Plug SFF SAS. Up to 7.68TB (2 x 3.84TB)||Hot Plug SFF SAS. Up to 7.68TB (2 x 3.84TB)|
|Drive Bays||2 x 2.5″ PCIe SSD’s||2 x 2.5″ SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD), NVMe SSD|
- With the ability to offer value across multiple workloads that requires low costs, faster computing times and rapid innovation
- The storage capacity is for varying workloads such as simple computing and virtualization. The HPE OneView platform makes it easier to accelerate IT service delivery while boosting performance.
- With an Intel Xeon E5-2600 v4 processor that is capable of boosting performance levels by 21% from previous models.
- With an HPE DDR4 memory capacity that has 2400 MT/s, the throughout ability of the Gen 9 is increased by up to 33%.
If data center have a power hungry, look further than the HP Gen 10.
The HP ProLiant Gen 9 maintains versatility for data centre.
- Its storage options that feature HPE Smart Arrays, smart host USB adapting, and B140i Controllers make memory capacity superior for this server.
- Its pass-through cards (particularly NVMe) enable an improved TCO to handle a range of workloads.
HP BL460c Gen 10 server
Agility and Business Workload
The HP BL460c Gen 10 server has
- With its 16GB HPE Persistent Memory, there are only a few workloads that this server cannot handle.
- HP Gen 10 features a drive improved economic framework that results 75% reduction of licensing costs.
- The HP Gen 10 keeps up to date with emergent IT infrastructure.
- Managing resilient data centers and highly analytical workloads, the HP Gen 10 server is the best choice.
- 16GB HPE memory capacity, boasts the latest Intel Xeon Processor that is scalable with up to 26 cores.
- Features 12Gb SAS and up to 2Tb of smart-memory. This means that its performance is better than data center of any size.
Scalability and Versatility
- Feature the highly innovative HPE Virtual Connect Enterprise Software that enables efficient migration from legacy systems to HPE OneView 3.0 and later platforms.
- If your data-center is lagging behind and needs an upgrade, the Gen 10 is the way to go.
- Before making the choice between the Gen 9 and Gen 10 server, bring your preferences in workload management, memory capacity, and scalability.
- Another factor to be considered is price per performance, with the M630 being one generation older and offering a lower cost and a great value. However, if you need and can afford current technology, the M640 would be best choice.
The IT experts at serverental.com have been specializing in Servers, Storages, Tape Drives & Networking Products for over 25 years and can help you make the best choice for your business needs. Contact us today. Call us: Looking for Server and Storage for rent, Call us on these number – +91 9886699666 Email us: Looking for quick quote On Servers rental / sales email us – email@example.com ServeRental (www.serverental.com) – Visit Us Now.