Dell PowerEdge R760 servers deliver up to 2.9x greater AI inferencing on 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors with Intel Deep Learning Boost and Intel Advanced Matrix Extensions.
The PowerEdge R760 also offers up to a 20% increase in VDI users and over 50% more SAP Sales & Distribution users on one server, compared to the previous generation.
DELL PowerEdge systems may be ordered with NVIDIA Bluefield-2 data processing units to provide additional offload, acceleration & workload isolation capabilities idea for power efficiency for private, hybrid, and multicloud deployments.
Enhancements to Dell monitoring software and new services are designed to make server management easier:
- Dell CloudIQ — Dell software combines proactive monitoring, machine learning and predictive analytics while offering a comprehensive view of servers wherever they reside. Updates include advancements to server performance forecasting, select maintenance operations and new virtualization visualization.
- Dell ProDeploy services — The Dell ProDeploy Factory Configuration service delivers PowerEdge servers ready to install and preconfigured with the customer’s preferred operating system, hypervisor software and settings for RAID, BIOS and iDRAC. The Dell ProDeploy Rack Integration service delivers and installs production-ready racked and networked PowerEdge servers, ideal for companies expanding their data center environments or undergoing an IT modernization.
- Dell iDRAC9 — As customers seek increased server automation and intelligence, Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) makes Dell systems easier to deploy and diagnose, equipped with updated features such as Certificate Expiry Notice, Telemetry for Dell Consoles and GPU monitoring.
Dell PowerEdge servers are well-designed, have built-in security and with sustainability in mind, offering customers a 3x performance improvement, compared to 14thGeneration PowerEdge servers with Intel Xeon Scalable processors launched in 2017, resulting in less floor space required and more powerful and efficient technology across all next-generation systems.
Key highlights include:
- Dell Smart Flow design — A new feature within the Dell Smart Cooling suite increases airflow and reduces fan power by up to 52% compared to previous-generation servers. The Smart Flow design supports greater server performance with less power required to cool systems for more efficient data centers.
- Dell OpenManage Enterprise Power Manager 3.0 software — Customers can better manage efficiency and cooling goals, monitor carbon emissions, and set power caps up to 82% faster to limit overall energy usage. With the enhanced sustainability target tool, customers can determine widespread server use, virtual machine and facility energy consumption, leak detection for liquid cooling systems, and more.
- Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) — Four next-generation Dell PowerEdge servers will be available with the EPEATsilver designation, and 46 systems will be designated EPEAT bronze. The EPEAT ecolabel is a leading global designation, covering products and services from the technology sector that demonstrate a responsible purchasing decision.
For today’s modern data center requires continuous performance improvements for complex workloads such as AI, ML and VDI and data center operators endeavor to keep up with the demand from these resource-hungry workloads, they must also prioritize environmental and security goals. With its new Smart Flow design, coupled with enhancements to its power and cooling management tools, Dell offers organizations significant improvements in efficient server operation alongside the raw performance gains in its newest generation of servers.
Next-generation PowerEdge servers help accelerate Zero Trust adoption within organizations’ IT environments. The devices constantly verify access, assuming every user and device is a potential threat.
At the hardware level, silicon-based hardware root of trust, with elements including the Dell Secured Component Verification (SCV), helps verify supply chain security from design to delivery.
Additionally, multifactor authentication and integrated iDRAC verifies users before granting access.
A secure supply chain also enables customers to advance their Zero Trust approach. Dell SCV offers cryptographic verification of components, which extends supply chain security to the customer’s site.
Customers looking for OpEx flexibility can consume PowerEdge servers as a subscription through www.ServeRental.com today.
Using advanced data collection and processor-based measurement by the hour, customers can take a flexible approach to avoid the costs associated with over-provisioning their computing needs.
Dell Technologies will expand its Dell APEX portfolio to offer bare metal compute services on-premises, at the edge, or in colocation facilities.
Services will be available through a predictable, monthly subscription and easily configured, enabling customers to meet their workload and IT operational needs with scalable and secure compute resources.
4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable processors have the most built-in accelerators of any CPU on the market to help maximize performance efficiency for real-world applications for those powered by AI
With the latest generation of Dell PowerEdge servers, Intel and Dell continue our strong collaboration in delivering innovations that create real business value, while incorporating leading scalability and security that customers require.
- Dell PowerEdge R760 is available globally in February 2023.
- Dell PowerEdge HS5620, HS5610 are available globally in April 2023.
- Additional next-generation Dell PowerEdge servers will be global availability throughout the first half of 2023.
- ProDeploy Factory Configuration is globally available today, and ProDeploy Rack Integration are available.
- Dell APEX compute services are planned for the second half of 2023.