Retail IT Similar to Amazon Go technology which take the POS to the customer to enable self-serve billing options, provide a cost-effective and innovative solution.
Top Five Problems with Managing IT in Retail
- Lack of local IT skills: Once a new office or store is up and running with a suitable infrastructure, network, firewalls and servers, IT professionals usually find that the increase in local IT complexity has not been matched by a growth in local IT skills, which, for smaller sites can be zero, putting more stress on central resources. The per-capita cost of supporting remote branch IT is historically much higher than that associated with co-located infrastructures. This increased cost arises from the cost of the time and travel needed to get to these remote sites if on-site support is required, which is further increased if sites are distributed internationally.
- Cloud integration: The cloud can’t help in all instances for all applications and all data. Many of the new and innovative applications (as well as most legacy ones) require IT infrastructure on the remote site. Consequently, although the public cloud has a significant role to play in branch IT, it does not support some of the most demanding business requirements of the distributed organization. This means local resources still need to be supported and integrated with the cloud (adding to the complexity).
- Lack of consistency of implementation: When every remote site is different, complexity and costs increase. If each of your sites has diverse IT infrastructures you’ll need more time and effort to monitor, maintain and patch the environments. But larger organizations need to focus more on the headquarters’ IT environment, dealing with the complexities of a virtualized private cloud infrastructure of their own.
- Increased demand for advanced local applications: IT professionals need more and more advanced applications on remote sites to support new customer engagement models and new business needs. As organizations seek to interact with their customers and clients in new ways, branches are becoming an integral part of a multichannel engagement model, like retailers delivering a digital strategy that encompasses multichannel retailing, for example.
- Lack of control: Local “tinkering” increases costs and risk when maintaining security is key. In many cases, data must be stored and manipulated locally for policy, privacy or control reasons. But if untrained local staff are required to perform any IT activity, or choose to do so on their own, the opportunity for mistakes and expensive fixes increases greatly. Sometimes, it can be a struggle to keep on top of changes that might have been made locally.
Combine the Power of the Cloud with On-Premises Security
The unique server design of the HPE ProLiant EC200a features tightly integrated compute, storage, and networking, together with Zynstra virtualization and cloud management software and is delivered as a managed service. It is deployed onsite and comes pre-integrated with cloud services and remote management from the cloud. Designed with the needs of retail establishments in mind, this solution features simple deployment and ease of management—all in a convenient subscription model for a predictable monthly fee.
Enterprise-Grade IT for One or More Retail Stores
Hybrid IT: The Best of Both Worlds This solution gives you secure cloud enablement on your own terms. You choose which data and applications you keep onsite and which you put in the cloud. We take care of the rest.
IT-as-a-Service Payment Model: A pay-as-you-go subscription model means you pay a predictable monthly fee, giving you greater budget flexibility. And your on-premises hybrid cloud is kept current and maintained 24×7 with no need for manual patching or updates. This helps reduce server administration by more than 90 percent.
Simple Deployment: The HPE ProLiant EC200a comes in a unique design, unlike any server you have ever seen. It can even be mounted on your wall. The flexibility of the form factor reduces your hardware footprint along with the complexity of on-premises IT. What’s more, all of your core IT is pre-staged on the server before it arrives so it’s easy to buy, use, and manage. The pre-staged hardware, software, and services can help you achieve total cost of ownership savings of up to 60 percent compared to a traditional IT server infrastructure.
Treat All of Your Stores Equally
If you are supporting IT for more than one retail store or location, you know the challenges of delivering IT to multiple sites:
- Too much physical infrastructure
- Inconsistent systems
- Poor service levels
- Time and resource-intensive management
The HPE Managed Hybrid Server delivers the same level of service and security everywhere you need it – on an IT infrastructure that can be managed remotely to minimize costs and maximize availability.
How it works:
The requirements of modern edge infrastructure are hyper-converged, virtualization and software-defined hardware and software.
HPE ProLiant Easy Connect Servers are tightly integrated compute, storage, networking, and virtualization appliances deployed on-site. Pre-integrated with cloud services and managed remotely from the cloud, they provide an efficient, flexible, and consistent hybrid IT solution.
Retail Edge Zynstra software for Line (Q) Busting Mobile Tablets which deliver virtualized, PCI compliant POS solution in store with mobile POS tablets over the wireless network
Option1: HPE ProLiant Easy Connect EC200a Managed Hybrid Server
Edge Server Up to 150 employees per site.
Processor family: Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 product family
Number of processors: 1
Processor core available: 4 or 6 or 8 or 10 or 14
Processor speed: 3.5GHz
Form factor chassis: Tower
Memory, maximum: 256GB
Memory type: DDR4 SmartMemory
Drive description: (8) LFF SAS/SATA/SSD — or — (16) SFF SAS/SATA/SSD
Network controller: Broadcom 5717 2 Ports — or — Depending on the model
Storage controller: (1) Dynamic Smart Array B140i
Infrastructure management: iLO Essentials
Option2: HPE ProLiant Easy Connect ML110 Managed Hybrid Server
Edge Server Up to 50 users per site (unique form factor).
Processor family: Intel® Xeon® Processor D-1518
Number of processors: 1
Processor core available: 4
Form factor chassis: Tower
Memory, maximum: 64GB
Memory Slots: 2 DIMM slots
Memory type: DDR4 UDIMM, RDIMM
Storage: (2) LFF SATA, non-hot plug M.2 SSD
Network controller: Network Controller 2x1GbE embedded Storage Controller Intel Embedded SATA Controller
Looking for a quick quote or any other enquiries related to Server, Storage, Networking Products rental/sales email us: email@example.com