To support new CPUs, OEMs need to supply BIOS updates, validate new CPUs, and then start adding them into their Dell EMC PowerEdge R740/ R740xd and HP proliant DL Gen 10 servers.
- More coresin the SKU stack have minor clock speed bumps and thus performance improvements accompanying the core count increases
- Same clock-for-clock IPCperformance as the first generation
- Memory speeds and capacities have increased, now to a maximum of DDR4-2933 speeds and 256GB LRDIMM support
- Intel Optane DC Persistent Memory Modulesupport (DCPMM) for persistent, high-capacity, high-performance modules in DDR4 sockets
- New hardware security mitigationsand fixes for the side channel/ speculative execution families of vulnerabilities, e.g. Spectre/ Meltdown and L1TF
- Intel DL Boostusing the new VNNI instruction to allow faster AI inferencing without GPUs
- New quad CPU packaging into a half-width dual-socket Intel Xeon Platinum 9200 seriesto increase density for the HPC space